All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive survey of techniques and applications in image and video processing and analysis A widely varied selection of experts provides extensive coverage of nlinear model-based techniques in image and video processing and analysis. This volume t only details new techniques in still image and digital video but also discusses applications in computer vision, multimedia, and visual information retrieval systems. All nlinear, model-based techniques are detailed, and a complete and up-to-date accounting of the most important and effective algorithms is included for every application and technique discussed. The applications described also include such real-world uses as multimedia information retrieval, automatic surveillance, lip tracking, and much more. Analytical techniques such as Boolean and stack filters, rational functions, mathematical morphology techniques, and adaptive order statistic filtering receive detailed treatment as they apply to specific uses such as image compression, segmentation, old motion picture restoration, image/video interpolation, and ise smoothing. Chapters include: Optimal Design of Boolean and Stack Filters and Their Application in Image Processing Image Processing Using Rational Functions Mathematical Morphology and Motion Picture Restoration Adaptive Order Statistic Filtering of Still Images and Image Sequences Video Segmentation Based on Multiple Features for Interactive and Automatic Multimedia Applications Invariant Features in Pattern Recognition-Fundamentals and Applications Image Models for Facial Feature Tracking Students, engineers, and scientists will appreciate both the wide range of expert opinion in this comprehensive volume and the detailed coverage of the algorithms and mathematical models used in state-of-the-art image and video processing.
- Author BiographyCONSTANTINE KOTROPOULOS is a lecturer in the Department of Informatics at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece. IOANNIS PITAS is Professor in the Department of Informatics at the same university.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/2001
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight660 g
- Width171 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byC. Kotropoulos,Ioannis Pitas
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.