All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is mostly concerned on the experimental research of the nlinear optical characteristics of various media, low- and high-order harmonic generation in different materials, and formation, and nlinear optical characterization of clusters. We also demonstrate the inter-connection between these areas of nlinear optics. Nonlinear optical properties of media such as optical limiting can be applied in various areas of science and techlogy. To define suitable materials for these applications, one has to carefully analyse the nlinear optical characteristics of various media, such as the nlinear refractive indices, coefficients of nlinear absorption, saturation absorption intensities, etc. Kwing the nlinear optical parameters of materials is also important for describing the propagation effects, self-interaction of intense laser pulses, and optimisation of various nlinear optical processes. Among those processes one can admit the importance of the studies of the frequency conversion of coherent laser sources. The area of interest for nlinear optical characterization of materials is also closely related with new field of nastructures formation and application during laser-matter interaction. We show how the nlinear optical analysis of materials leads to improvement of their high-order nlinear optical response during the interaction with strong laser fields. Ablation-induced naparticles formation is correlated with their applications as efficient sources of coherent short-wavelength photons. From other side, recent achievements of harmonic generation in plasmas are closely related with the kwledge of the properties of materials in the laser plumes. All of these studies are concerned with the low-order nlinear optical features of various materials. The velty of the approach developed in present book is related with inter-connection of those studies with each other.
- Author BiographyDr. R. A. Ganeev was involved in the studies of the generation of laser pulses with hypergaussian spatial and temporal profiles and the low-order harmonic generation of laser radiation using such tailored beams in nonlinear crystals with record conversion efficiencies known so far. The laser harmonic generation from excited ionic gallium beams was demonstrated for the first time. It was shown that the presence of excited states in the ionic media leads to the considerable increase of nonlinear optical susceptibilities. The ninth harmonic generation in gaseous media with highest conversion efficiency was demonstrated. The third harmonic generation in the isotropic media with positive dispersion was achieved for the first time. It was shown that the nonlinear variations of refractive index lead to the phase-matching conditions in the ultraviolet region. The optical characteristics of the laser plasma produced by the radiation of different pulse duration were investigated. Dr. Ganeev initiated the systematic studies of the nonlinear optical properties of various media. The nonlinear optical parameters (nonlinear refractive indices, nonlinear susceptibilities, multi-photon and saturated absorption coefficients, etc) of colloidal metal solutions, metal-doped organic polymers, low-excited plasmas, semiconductor chalcogenide films and solutions, dye vapors and solutions, metal-doped glasses and polymers, nonlinear crystals, liquids, fullerenes, fullerene-doped organic films, etc, were analyzed. On the base of these studies the optical limiting in fullerene-doped solutions, colloidal metals and semiconductors was achieved. The investigations of the third harmonic generation of picosecond Nd:YAG laser radiation in colloidal metals, metal-doped organics and glasses, fullerenes, dye vapors and solutions were carried out, and their nonlinear susceptibilities were analyzed in the frames of the influence of self-action processes on the harmonic generation. The third harmonic generation in dye vapors caused by the difference frequency generation was proposed and observed for the first time.
- Author(s)Rashid A. Ganeev
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Optical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number174
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight545 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.