All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionGuiding graduate students and researchers through the complex world of laser physics and nlinear optics, this book provides an in-depth exploration of the dynamics of lasers and other relevant optical systems, under the umbrella of a unitary spatio-temporal vision. Adopting a balanced approach, the book covers traditional as well as special topics in laser physics, quantum electronics and nlinear optics, treating them from the viewpoint of nlinear dynamical systems. These include laser emission, frequency generation, solitons, optically bistable systems, pulsations and chaos and optical pattern formation. It also provides a coherent and up-to-date treatment of the hierarchy of nlinear optical models and of the rich variety of phemena they describe, helping readers to understand the limits of validity of each model and the connections among the phemena. It is ideal for graduate students and researchers in nlinear optics, quantum electronics, laser physics and photonics.
- Author BiographyLuigi Lugiato is Professor Emeritus at Universit... dell'Insubria, Como, Italy. He has received numerous honors as a result of his many pioneering contributions in nonlinear optics and quantum optics. These include the Albert A. Michelson Medal of the Franklin Institute, the Quantum Electronics Prize of the European Physical Society, the Max Born Award of the Optical Society of America and the Fermi Prize and Medal of the Italian Physical Society. He is member of Academia Europaea and a Fellow of the Optical Society of America, the American Physical Society and the European Physical Society. Franco Prati is an Associate Professor at Universit... dell' Insubria, Como, Italy. He has worked in laser physics and nonlinear optics since 1987. His main contributions concern the study of temporal and spatio-temporal instabilities in nonlinear optical systems. He is co-author of more than 80 papers in peer-reviewed journals, and he is an Outstanding Referee of the American Physical Society and member of the Optical Society of America. Massimo Brambilla is an Associate Professor at Politecnico di Bari, Italy. He has worked in nonlinear and quantum optics since 1986, participating in the early studies of optical pattern formation and dynamics and contributing to more than 100 journal papers and numerous conference presentations. He is active in the theoretical research of nonlinear optical systems, with a special focus on spatio-temporal dynamics of the coherent field and solitonic phenomena. He is a member of the Optical Society of America.
- Author(s)Franco Prati,Luigi Lugiato,Massimo Brambilla
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note169 b/w illus.
- Weight1180 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.