All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive presentation on most of the major topics in nlinear optics and photonics, with equal emphasis on principles, experiments, techniques, and applications. It covers many major new topics including optical solitons, multi-photon effects, nlinear photoelectric effects, fast and slow light , and Terahertz photonics. Chapters 1-10 present the fundamentals of modern nlinear optics, and could be used as a textbook with problems provided at the end of each chapter. Chapters 11-17 cover the more advanced topics of techniques and applications of nlinear optics and photonics, serving as a highly informative reference for researchers and experts working in related areas. There are also 16 pages of color photographs to illustrate the visual appearances of some typical nlinear optical effects and phemena. The book could be adopted as a textbook for both undergraduates and graduate students, and serve as a useful reference work for researchers and experts in the fields of physics, quantum electronics, and laser techlogy.
- Author BiographyGuang S. He is a research scientist who has worked largely in the field of nonlinear optics and photonics for more than forty years. From 1969-1986 he was a research scientist at Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Since 1986 he has pursued his research career in the USA, worked first in the Photonics Research Laboratory (1987-1999) and then at the Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics at the State University of New York at Buffalo (1999-present). His research activities have mostly focused on the new types of stimulated scattering, optical phase-conjugation, multi-photon nonlinear effects and applications.
- Author(s)Guang S. He
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteNumerous b/w illustrations and a 16pp colour plate section
- Weight1430 g
- Width186 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.