All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses modern nlinear programming concepts and algorithms, especially as they apply to challenging applications in chemical process engineering. It relates the material to real-world problem classes in process optimisation, thus bridging the gap between the mathematical material and the practical uses. Nonlinear Programming: Concepts, Algorithms, and Applications to Chemical Processes shows readers which methods are best suited for specific applications, how large-scale problems should be formulated and what features of these problems should be emphasised, and how existing NLP methods can be extended to exploit specific structures of large-scale optimisation models. The book serves a dual function: it will be useful to chemical engineers who wish to understand and use nlinear programming; it will also be of interest to experts in mathematical optimisation who want to understand process engineering problems and develop better approaches to solving them.
- Author BiographyLorenz T. Biegler is the Bayer Professor of Chemical Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University and a Fellow of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers. He has authored or coauthored over 200 journal articles and two books. His research interests lie in the field of computer-aided process engineering, including flowsheet optimization, optimization of systems of differential and algebraic equations, reactor network synthesis and algorithms for constrained, nonlinear process control.
- Author(s)Lorenz T. Biegler
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- Series TitleMPS-SIAM Series on Optimization
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.