All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book concentrates on the nlinear static and dynamic analysis of structures and structural components that are widely used in everyday engineering applications. It presents unique methods for nlinear problems which permits the correct usage of powerful linear methods. Every topic is thoroughly explained and includes numerical examples. The new concepts, theories and methods introduced simplify the solution of the complex nlinear problems.
- Author BiographyDemeter G. Fertis is professor of civil engineering at the University of Akron. He was previously an associate professor at the University of Iowa and at Wayne State University, and a research engineer in the Michigan State Department of Transportation. Dr. Fertis was also visiting professor at the National Technical University in Athens, Greece. During his teaching career, he taught more than twenty graduate courses on different subjects, in the Civil, Mechanical, and Engineering Mechanics Departments. He has received a BS degree (1952) in civil engineering and urban planning and an MS degree (1955) in civil engineering from Michigan State University, East Lansing, and a Doctor of Engineering degree (1964) from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Dr. Fertis has consulted for NASA, Ford Motor Company, the Atomic Power Development Associates, General Motors, Boeing Aircraft Company, Lockheed California Company, Goodyear Aerospace, and the Department of the Navy. He has developed patents, which received international attention and used by professional engineers. He is the author of many books, published by major publishers, and numerous articles in professional journals and proceedings. A member of ASCE, ASME, the American Academy of Mechanics, Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, and many other organizations, Professor Fertis has served as a professional journal editor and as a member of many national and international technical committees. Dr. Fertis is now an Emeritus Professor at the University of Akron and devotes his time doing scholarly research, writing scholarly books, giving lectures, and advancing technology by developing new methodologies for the solution of complicated engineering problems.
- Author(s)Demeter G. Fertis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/07/2006
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note119 black & white illustrations, 61 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.47Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.