All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book explores both theoretical and experimental aspects of nlinear vibrations and stability of shells and plates. It is ideal for researchers, professionals, students, and instructors. Expert researchers will find the most recent progresses in nlinear vibrations and stability of shells and plates, including advanced problems of shells with fluid-structure interaction. Professionals will find many practical concepts, diagrams, and numerical results, useful for the design of shells and plates made of traditional and advanced materials. They will be able to understand complex phemena such as dynamic instability, bifurcations, and chaos, without needing an extensive mathematical background. Graduate students will find (i) a complete text on nlinear mechanics of shells and plates, collecting almost all the available theories in a simple form, (ii) an introduction to nlinear dynamics, and (iii) the state of art on the nlinear vibrations and stability of shells and plates, including fluid-structure interaction problems.
- Author BiographyMarco Amabili is a professor and Director of the Laboratories in the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Parma. His main research is in vibrations of thin-walled structures and fluid-structure interaction. Professor Amabili is the winner of numerous awards in Italy and around the world including the 'Bourse quebecoise d'excellence' from the Ministry of Education of Quebec in 1999. He is Associate Editor of the Journal of Fluids and Structures, a member of the editorial board of Journal of Sound and Vibration, and editor of a special issue of the Journal of Computers and Structures. He is a co-organizer of 14 conferences or symposia, the Secretary of the ASME Technical Committee on Dynamics and Control of Structures and Systems (AMD Division), and a member of the ASME Technical Committees Vibration and Sound (DE Division) and Fluid-Structure Interaction (PVP Division). Professor Amabili is the author of more than 180 papers on vibrations and dynamics.
- Author(s)Marco Amabili
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 tables
- Weight950 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.