All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe investigation of nlinear phemena in acoustics has a rich history stretching back to the mechanical physical sciences in the nineteenth century. The study of nlinear phemena, such as explosions and jet engines, prompted the sharp growth of interest in nlinear acoustic phemena. The authors consider models of different 'acoustic' media as well as equations and behaviour of finite-amplitude waves. Consideration is given to the effects of nlinearity, dissipation, dispersion, and for two- and three-dimensional problems, reflection and diffraction upon the evolution and interaction of acoustic beams. This book will be of interest t only to specialists in acoustics, but also to a wide audience of mathematicians, physicists, and engineers working on nlinear waves in various physical systems.
- Author(s)K. Naugolnykh,L. Ostrovsky
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/05/1998
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.9
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note57 b/w illus.
- Weight630 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Series Edited byL. Ostrovsky,Mark J. Ablowitz,S. H. Davis,E. J. Hinch,A. Iserles,J. Ockendon,P. J. Olver
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.