Nonparametric Statistics for Health Care Research: Statistics for Small Samples and Unusual Distributions by Marjorie A. Pett (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you do when you realize that the data set from the study that you have just completed violates the sample size or other requirements needed to apply parametric statistics? Nonparametric Statistics for Health Care Research by Marjorie A Pett was developed for such scenarios-research undertaken with limited funds, often using a small sample size, with the primary objective of improving client care and obtaining better client outcomes. Covering the most commonly used nparametric statistical techniques available in statistical packages and on open-resource statistical websites, this well-organized and accessible Second Edition helps readers, including those beyond the health sciences field, to understand when to use a particular nparametric statistic, how to generate and interpret the resulting computer printouts, and how to present the results in table and text format.
- Author BiographyMarjorie A. Pett, MStat, DSW, is a Research Professor in the College of Nursing at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, having been on the faculty since 1980. By her own admission, she is a collector of academic degrees: BA (Brown University), MS in sociology (University of Stockholm, Sweden), MSW (Smith College), DSW (University of Utah), and MStat (Biostatistics) (University of Utah). Dr. Pett has a strong commitment to facilitating the practical application of statistics in the social, behavioral, and biological sciences, especially among practitioners in health care settings. She has designed and taught graduate courses to students from a variety of disciplines at the beginning and advanced levels, including research design and data management, parametric and nonparametric statistics, biostatistics, multivariate statistics, instrument development, and factor analysis. She has tried to approach the teaching of statistics with humor and from a clinician's perspective and has been the recipient of several distinguished teaching awards both at the College and University levels. Her most recent research interests include the development of client-centered assessment tools and interventions to evaluate and enhance health-related quality of life (HRQoL) for persons with intellectual disabilities. She is the author of numerous research articles and chapters, and is an author of the Sage publication, Making Sense of Factor Analysis: The Use of Factor Analysis for Instrument Development in Health Care Research. When not engaged in research, writing, or teaching, Marge is a (now retired) state soccer referee, devotee of tennis, an avid (high handicap) golfer, student of Italian and French, reader of mystery novels, grandmother to three, mother to two, and wife to (only) one.
- Author(s)Marjorie A. Pett
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.