All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionNonprofit organisations are increasingly concerned with the need to demonstrate how social justice principles impact every aspect of their work. This is the only book to explicitly integrate social justice principles into the management of a nprofit organisation. It provides students with the kwledge and skills required to integrate a social justice value system into their work as effective n-profit leaders. Using practical tips and illustrative case examples, the text explains the structure and processes of nprofit organisations with a particular emphasis on social justice themes. The book is edited by an interdisciplinary team of prominent leaders in business, management, and social service, who together run the Fordham Center for Nonprofit Leaders. They have assembled a group of expert authors who provide extensive coverage of the nprofit leadership field. The book discusses the history of the development of nprofit management up to the present day. It addresses legal and ethical considerations, organisational planning and staff management, finance, public relations, fundraising, public advocacy and volunteerism, program design and grant development, governance and board development, developing an international nprofit, information techlogy, career development, and creating a nprofit/social entrepreneurship organization. Additional chapters address quality improvement, mentoring, and proposal writing, Included are plentiful case studies and review questions in each chapter. The text is ideal for students and faculty in social service administration, human service leadership, social work management, public and community health, public administration, and health care administration and management.
- Author BiographyElaine Congress, DSW, MSSW is Professor and Associate Dean at Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, USA. She is also a co-director for the Fordham Center for Nonprofit Leaders a joint program of the Fordham Graduate School of Social Service and the Gabelli School of Business . Allan Luks, JD, is Director of the Fordham Center for Nonprofit Leaders. Francis Petit, Ed.D. serves as associate dean of global initiatives and partnerships and also serves as an adjunct associate professor of marketing at Fordham University Gabelli School of Business, USA.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAllan Luks,Elaine Piller Congress,Francis Petit,Joel Simmon,Robert Blundo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.