All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor a long time it has been assumed that the search for profits was inseparable from the carrying on of an ecomic activity, which could t be imagined absent the profit-maximizing motive. Nowadays, the role of nprofit organizations as ecomic actors, operating in a competitive market, is well recognized. Therefore, these organizations are longer a priori excluded from the application of competition law. The current United States, European and German rules of competition, however, do t contain specific provisions for nprofit market actors, which are treated like other profit-maximizing undertakings, regardless of their social goals and nprofit status. In the attempt of filling this gap, this study focuses on nprofits infra-sector competition. Though a comparative cross-country analysis, the study discusses the legal and ecomic implications of the enforcement of competition law against nprofit organizations, and suggests some possible legal rmative criteria which could facilitate the future applicability of these rms to t-for-profit entities.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Cristiana Cicoria, born in Turin in 1976, studied Law at the University of Turin (Italy), and Berkeley (United States). In 2002 she joined as a doctorate student the Graduate College of Law and Economics at the University of Hamburg, where she completed her thesis in 2005. Currently the author is a Research Assistant at the Institute of Law and Economics at the University of Hamburg.
- Author(s)Cristiana Cicoria
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note3 tables
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.