Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is devoted to nstandard set theories that serve as foundational basis for nstandard mathematics. Several popular and some less kwn nstandard theories are considered, including internal set theory IST, Hrbacek set theory HST, and others. The book presents the basic structure of the set universe of these theories and methods to effectively develop applied nstandard analysis, metamathematical properties and interrelations of these nstandard theories between each other and with ZFC and some variants of ZFC, foundational problems of the theories, including the problem of external sets and the Power Set problem, and methods of their solution. The book is oriented towards a reader having some experience in foundations (set theory, model theory) and in nstandard analysis.
- Author BiographyI) Vladimir Kanovei graduated Moscow State university 1973 PhD Moscow State university 1976 Doctor of Science in Phys. Math. Moscow Steklov inst. 1986 assistant to full professor at Moscow Railroad engineering inst. 1976 - 1998 currently leading researcher at Institute for Information transmissin problems (IITP) Moscow interests in mathematics: logic and foundations, set theory, nonstandard analysis publications: over 100 papers in Russian and international mathematical journals II) Michael Reeken PhD in theoretical physics, University of Vienna 1968 Research Fellow at the Battelle Institute, Geneva, 1969 - 1972 Research grant at the University of Bonn, 1972 - 1974 Professor at the University of Bochum, 1972 - 1979 Full Professor at the Bergische Universitat Wuppertal since 1979 interests in mathematics: problems from mathematical physics, nonlinear functional analysis, nonstandard mathematics, philosophy of mathematics.
- Author(s)Michael Reeken,Vladimir Kanovei
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/12/2010
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight652 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.