All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $27.03Trending at AU $28.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe past is an inescapable ose around a young man's neck, in this blackly comic, satirical vel from rewned crime writer Bill James Britain, 1956. A young actress seemingly tries to commit suicide over a tangled love affair, but is taken to hospital and her life saved. The story is just the sort of thing that journalist Ian Charteris likes to cover: a poignant mix of near tragedy, possible thwarted romance, and glamour, needing sensitive but - of course - dramatic treatment. It should be a routine assignment, a welcome assignment. It would be, if it wasn't for the identity of the young woman. She may - just may - be Ian's sister. The unwelcome reminder of the past drags Ian back into memories of places and events he'd rather forget. As far as Ian is concerned, the past is a foreign country. And t just foreign. Fundamentally and cantankerously hostile. Vengeful, war-torn, dangerous. It is impossible to escape the past; the ose is already around Ian's neck, and every step he takes it tightens ...And this is t the only ose.
- Author BiographyCritically-acclaimed crime writer Bill James is a former journalist, and wrote for The Sunday Times, the Daily Mirror, the Spectator, the New Review and Punch. Married, with four children, he lives in Wales.
- Author(s)Bill James
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Paperbacks Ltd
- Weight250 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementFirst World Publication
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.