All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdaptable, effective, and fun, Nordic walking is an outdoor adventure with something for everyone. For those looking for a new way to spend time outdoors or want an enjoyable new workout, Nordic walking is the perfect activity. Developed in Finland, Nordic walking incorporates specially designed poles and specific techniques to enhance the action of walking. It's an ideal low-impact cardio activity that can be practiced in a variety of outdoor settings. Nordic Walking presents an easy, three-step method for learning the basics so beginners can get started right away. The book provides information on walking correctly both with and without the poles to ensure an injury-free experience. Using the poles correctly ensures walkers reap all the physical benefits of the activity. Also included are techniques for climbing and descending during a walk. After the basics have been mastered, readers will be able to move on to the more challenging walks. Nordic Walking offers information on fitness fundamantals, etiquette and safety considerations and tips for selecting the correct gear and apparel. The book also provides a list of Web sites that enabling readers to plan trips in the United States and around the world, plus how to find Nordic walking instructors, organisations and events.
- Author BiographyMalin Svensson is internationally recognised as one of the leading authorities on Nordic walking. She is a certified coach through the International Nordic Walking Association and is one of only four individuals and the first female, to obtain this prestigious certification. Also a certified personal trainer (NSCA and NASM), Svensson is founder of Nordic Walking USA and founder and owner of Nordic Body. Malin holds a master's degree in physical education and is a nationally ranked track and field athlete.
- Author(s)Malin Svensson
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleOutdoor Adventures
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note173 colour illustrations, 2 colour illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 12 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.