All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Losey's award-winning movie The Go-Between was filmed entirely on location in Norfolk in 1970. The film charts the tragic story of a young boy's loss of incence during a hot summer and stars Julie Christie and Alan Bates as a pair of lovers crossing class boundaries in late Victorian England. The production brought together the playwright Harold Pinter, who adapted L.P. Hartley's elegant vel for the screen, the acclaimed director Joseph Losey and a cast of international stars for ten weeks' filming in and around Melton Constable Hall in rth Norfolk - a time of happy creativity, some tension and a good deal of comedy. But the idyllic summer only came about after years of bitter battling over the rights of the book, and it was to be followed by yet more intrigue and high drama, which culminated in the film's triumph at the 1971 Cannes Film Festival, where it won the prestigious Palme d'Or.
- Author BiographyChristopher Hartop's books include The Huguenot Legacy (1996), East Anglian Silver (2004), Royal Goldsmiths (2005), A Noble Feast (2008), The Classical Ideal (2010) and A Noble Pursuit (2010). He lives in north Norfolk with his wife, two Dalmatians and two horses.
- Author(s)Christopher Hartop
- PublisherJohn Adamson Publishing Consultants
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Adamson
- Content Notecolour or black and white
- Weight380 g
- Width194 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.