All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionOver recent decades International Relations scholars have investigated rm dynamics processes at some length, with the 'rm entrepreneur' concept having become a common reference point in the literature. The focus on rm entrepreneurs has, however, resulted in a bias towards investigating the agents and processes of successful rmative change. This book challenges this inherent bias by explicitly focusing on those who resist rmative change - rm 'antipreneurs'. The utility of the rm antipreneur concept is explored through a series of case studies encompassing a range of issue areas and contributed by a mix of well-kwn and emergent scholars of rm dynamics. In examining the complexity of rm resistance, particular attention is paid to the nature and intent of the actors involved in rm-contestation, the sites and processes of resistance, the strategies and tactics antipreneurs deploy to defend the values and interests they perceive to be threatened by the entrepreneurs, and whether it is the entrepreneurs or the antipreneurs who enjoy greater inherent advantages. This text will therefore be of interest to scholars and students of International Relations, International Law, Political Science, Sociology and History.
- Author BiographyAlan Bloomfield is the Vice Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. Shirley V. Scott is Professor of International Relations at the School of Social Sciences, University of New South Wales, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleChallenges of Globalisation
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight534 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAlan Bloomfield,Dr. Shirley V. Scott
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.