All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Pritzker Prize and the Praemium Imperiale, Norman Foster is one of the most invative and forwardthinking architects at work today. This volume features more than 1,000 plans, sketches, and photographs of some of Foster's most rewned projects, including London's new Wembley Stadium, Germany's Dresden Station, and Beijing's new international airport. These and other important structures, along with lighting systems, furniture collections, and memorials, reveal the ermous range of Foster + Partners' work. In addition to offering insights into individual projects, this volume contextualizes Foster's work, identifying themes and connections, discussing influences and inspirations, and invoking a host of historical, cultural, and architectural references. A final chapter looks forward to forthcoming projects, further detailing a momentous career highlighted by creativity, invation, and achievement.
- Author BiographyDAVID JENKINS is an architect, editor, and writer based in the Foster Studio. He is the former buildings editor of the Architect's Journal and series editor of Norman Foster Works 1-5 (all by Prestel).
- Author(s)David Jenkins
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note1200
- Weight3719 g
- Width240 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine51 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.