All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionNormandy depicts the planning and execution of Operation Overlord in 96 full-color pages. The initial paratrooper assault is shown, as well as the storming of the five DDay beaches: Utah, Omaha, Gold, Ju, and Sword. But the story does t end there. Once the Allies got ashore, they had to stay ashore. The Germans made every effort to push them back into the sea. This book depicts the such key events in the Allied liberation of Europe as: 1. Construction of the Mulberry Harbors, two giant artificial harbors built in England and floated across the English Channel so that troops, vehicles, and supplies could be offloaded across the invasion beaches. 2. The Capture of Cherbourg, the nearest French port, against a labyrinth of Gennan pillboxes. 3. The American fight through the heavy bocage (hedgerow country) to take the vital town of Saint-Lo. 4. The British-Canadian struggle for the city of Caen against the Hitler Youth Division, made up of 23,000 seventeen- and eighteen-year-old Nazi fanatics. 5. The breakout of General Patton's Third Army and the desperate US 30th Division's defense of Mortaine. 6. The Falaise Pocket, kwn as the Killing Ground, where the remnants of two German armies were trapped and bombed and shelled into submission. The slaughter was so great that 5,000 Germans were buried in one mass grave. 7. The Liberation of Paris, led by the 2nd Free French Armored Division, which had been fighting for four long years with this goal in mind.
- Author BiographyWriter and artist Wayne Vansant (Marbleton, GA) was the primary artist for Marvel's The 'Nam for more than five years. Since then, he has written and illustrated many historically accurate books such as Days of Darkness, Battron: The Trojan Woman, Antietam: The Fiery Trial (with the National Park Service), Blockade: The Civil War at Sea, The War in Korea, and The Vietnam War: A Graphic History. He is currently finishing up The Hammer and the Anvil (2012), a book about Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, and the end of slavery in America.
- Author(s)Wayne Vansant
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationOsceola
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintZenith Press
- Content Note1 colour illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.