All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionAs you view these original source images that were taken by celebrated photographer, Edward S. Curtis, te that artist/photographer Robert Michaels has selected a number of these fine portrait images taken in the early 20th century to enhance and manipulate with contemporary backgrounds and relying on a variety of rendering techniques to bring them into the 21st century. In doing so, he has also deliberately attempted to maintain the integrity and respect for the original photographs used. Curtis, partially financed by men like Theodore Roosevelt and railroad tycoon John Pierpont Morgan traveled the country over the span of a thirty year period to record as a permanent record the most important tribes of the United States and Alaska. The result of this effort that included incurring substantial personal debt was the accumulation of over 40,000 photographs. Curtis's photographic work is w recognized as one of the most significant records of Native culture ever produced. Robert Michaels states: It is with the intent of paying tribute to Edward S. Curtis that I use all of the modern artistic digital tools at my disposal along with my years of experience as a fine artist to re-render with my own painting style some of the Curtis photographs with all the due respect and admiration for the man himself. Hopefully, in doing so, it will breathe into my renderings a new life into those amazing and well composed Native American Indian portraits from yesteryear.
- Author(s)Robert Michaels
- PublisherCody-Chrome Designs, LLC
- Date of Publication11/11/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCody-Chrome Designs, LLC
- Weight612 g
- Width218 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.