Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by creatorrr
- Est. delivery by 26 Jan
- AU $14.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by the_immovable_gamer
- Est. delivery by 26 Jan
Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationAs the daughter of a middle-class parson, Margaret Hale has enjoyed a privileged upbringing in rural southern England. But when her father uproots the family, she is forced to adapt to a new life in Milton - a northern mill town in the throes of the industrial revolution. Margaret is shocked by her new surroundings - the dirt, noise and gruffness of the people of Milton. However, she saves her greatest contempt for the mill-owners. When John Thornton, charismatic proprietor of Marlborough Mills, becomes a 'pupil' of her father, she makes her distaste for this vulgar and uneducated new class abundantly clear. Over time, Margaret's attitude towards the mill workers begins to change and she joins their workplace struggles against poverty and disease. But will she ever change her view of their employers - in particular, John Thornton who has secretly become her admirer?
- TitleNorth And South
- Product Release Date05/05/2005
- Theatrical Release Year2004
- Number of Discs2
- ActorsDaniela Denby-Ashe,Leslie Manville,Richard Armitage,Sinead Cusack
- DirectorsBrian Percival
- Run Time240 minutes
- Primary GenreDrama
Most relevant reviews
- jmdavid150924 Feb, 2016by
Characters play their roles so well. Beautiful romance.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- sam002blue20 Feb, 2014by
Must see! Highly comparable to Jane Austen, I recommend it to all! 5 stars!
I highly recommend North & South. I hope people don't mind the comparison but it felt very similar to a Jane Austen tale. I loved it! It was moving, dramatic, and used the fantastic old language and etiquettes of the gentle folk in older times. Not to mention it stars the gorgeous Richard Armitage (of Spooks, Robin Hood, & The Hobbit -to mention a few). Come, enjoy and be swept away by an excellent tale of classic English literature. I've only owned it now these last three weeks and have watched it as many times. You'll also learn about the cotton industry and how owners and workers faired in these times. All in all a great mini series, I was only disappointed that there were not more episodes! I give it 5 stars.
- barbieclydie19 Apr, 2013by
Terrific - well worth it.
Excellent movie, lots of action and well acted. Interesting to see an Industrial age setting. Highly recommended
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $69.49Trending at AU $78.97
- AU $24.50Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $15.27
- AU $66.43Trending at AU $126.13
- AU $94.95Trending at AU $105.79
- AU $30.59Trending at AU $45.96
- AU $96.46Trending at AU $101.11