Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe area defined as the 'North Oxfordshire Cotswolds' extends from Wychwood Forest in the south to the Gloucestershire and Northamptonshire borders in the rth. Although a typical Cotswold area, there are subtle differences between the Oolitic limestone district and the ironstone country further rth - the Oolitic villages have a distinct West Country atmosphere, while the ironstone villages have a greater affinity with the South Midlands. The striking photographic comparisons within this book cover thirty different locations, including small towns or villages such as Adderbury, Deddington and Steeple Aston, as well as tourist attractions like Chastleton House, Broughton Castle, and the mysterious and evocative Rollright Stones. Stanley C. Jenkins informs and enlightens all those interested in the stunning landscapes that make up the 'North Oxfordshire Cotswolds'.
- Author BiographyStanley C. Jenkins, who was educated at Witney Grammar School, the University of Lancaster and the University of Leicester, has written over 20 books and some 750 articles on local, transport and regional history. Having worked as an English Language teacher at Oxford Air Training School for several years, he returned to Leicester University to retrain as a museum curator in 1986, and was subsequently employed by English Heritage as the Regional Curator for South Western England. He is Curatorial Advisor to the Witney & District Museum, and is also working as a curator for the Soldiers of Oxfordshire Trust, which is at present building a military museum at Woodstock.
- Author(s)Stanley C. Jenkins
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note186, 100 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.