All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe North Pacific temperate rainforest, stretching from southern Alaska to rthern California, is the largest temperate rainforest on earth. This book provides a multidisciplinary overview of key issues important for the management and conservation of the rthern portion of this rainforest, located in rthern British Columbia and southeastern Alaska. This region encompasses thousands of islands and millions of acres of relatively pristine rainforest, providing an opportunity to compare the ecological functioning of a largely intact forest ecosystem with the highly modified ecosystems that typify most of the world's temperate zone. The book examines the basic processes that drive the dynamic behavior of such ecosystems and considers how managers can use that kwledge to sustainably manage the rainforest and balance ecosystem integrity with human use. Together, the contributors offer a broad understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by scientists, managers, and conservationists in the rthern portion of the North Pacific rainforest that will be of interest to conservation practitioners seeking to balance ecomic sustainability and biodiversity conservation across the globe.
- Author BiographyGordon Orians is professor emeritus of biology at the University of Washington. John Schoen is a senior science advisor at Audubon Alaska. Other contributors include Paul Alaback, Bill Beese, Frances Biles, Todd Brinkman, Joe Cook, Lisa Crone, Dave D'Amore, Rick Edwards, Jerry Franklin, Ken Lertzman, Stephen MacDonald, Andy MacKinnon, Bruce Marcot, Joe Mehrkens, Eric Norberg, Gregory Nowacki, Dave Person, and Sari Saunders.
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2013
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note75 illus.
- Weight658 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byGordon H. Orians,John Schoen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.