Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of over 200 photographs draws on the archives of North Tyneside Libraries which have been built up through the donations of local people. The majority of the old scenes are from within living memory, but before the redevelopments of the 1960s and '70s, which cleared away much that people had come to think of as permanent. North Shields has done well to survive eight centuries, for a 'town where town ought to be', and a great deal of its visible past is w lost. A definition of the boundaries of North Shields has always proved elusive. For the purpose of this book it has been taken to include the riverside between the Fish Quaay and Smith's Dock, and the streets south of the road to Tynemouth. Some of the photographs show only subtle changes to the present day, while others will help jog fading memories and a few may surprise even long term residents. The author has t attempted to include every significant building in the town, but the pictures have been chosen because they have given pleasure to the library users and others down the years. The book will pass on their pleasure to a wider audience and remind readers of just how much has disappeared.
- Author(s)Eric Hollerton
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/1997
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleArchive Photographs
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNPI Media Group
- Content Note200ill.
- Weight300 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.