All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionOn January 21, 1968 a B-52 Boeing Stratofortress, carrying four 1.1 megaton H-Bombs, caught fire and crashed in the Arctic Circle near Thule, Greenland. The Strategic Air Command's (SAC) Arctic Circle route was an airborne alert operation, referred to by the pilots of these large bombers as the Chrome Dome, and was a 24-hour round-the-clock strategic undertaking. Carrying four 1.1 megaton H-Bombs, the B-52's were ready on a moment's tice to wage all-out warfare on an enemy that dare provoke an attack. The official response by the United States was that all four H-bombs were destroyed on impact but theorist have long maintained that one of the bombs survived the crash and lies on the seabed off Greenland near Thule airbase. 34 years later, the lost bomb that America has always denied existed, has been found - snagged by a fisherman's net - setting off alarms deep in the bowels of the most fortified structure kwn to mankind - the CIA. Although the United States is eager to avoid a crisis in relations with its NATO ally Denmark there is more at stake than NATO relations: America is secretly mining raw plutonium in the area and conducting its most clandestine operation in the history of the United States - National Missile Defense. In a remarkable depiction of clandestine adventure, North Star Bay weaves men, submarines, individual acts of heroism, moments of tragedy and unimaginable endurance into an intricate spellbinding story.
- Author BiographyRichard Thompson entered the literary field in 1999 when he wrote The Tiger Cruise, his first novel. The Tiger Cruise is a captivating story about a nuclear attack submarine, the USS Woodbridge, that leaves Norfolk, VA on a routine tiger cruise only to find itself faced with preventing Iraq from unleashing an anthrax attack on America. In a strange twist, the story portrayed in the book, now borders on prophecy. The Tiger Cruise is still in publication and was recently published in June 2002 in the Netherlands. Richard's latest page-turner, North Star Bay, a gut-wrenching thriller about America's National Missile Defense program sees the return of Knox Jones, the CIA wizard in The Tiger Cruise who is now Director of the CIA in this, his newest thriller.
- Author(s)Richard Thompson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.