All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes Scandinavian design unique? North by North explores the exceptional visual language and unconventional design approaches of this community. Showcasing a coherent selection of new, original and thriving talent from across the entire range of graphic design, North by North is set to be a guiding star. Following on from the trailblazers of Swiss Graphic Design and Narita Inspected, North by North offers a sampler of recent developments in Scandinavian graphic design. Designers like Reala, Kim Hiorthoy and Ekhorn Forss highlight this individual approach through illustration, spreads, covers, layouts, logos, scribbles, posters, flyers, advertising and web design. This distinct approach can be defined through the use of colour, naturalistic elements as well as its tendency towards abstract or minimal forms - this is graphic design unlike any other contemporary design style or movement. With over 80 contributions from this sprawling region (Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Finland and Sweden) North by North divides these procedures by aesthetic rather than country. The book includes a preface and interviews with selected design studios offering a highly informative and inspiring look upon one of the most interesting design scenes happening today.
- PublisherDie Gestalten Verlag
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDie Gestalten Verlag
- Content NoteCol.ill.
- Weight1438 g
- Width240 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byHendrick Hellige,Nyman,Robert Klanten
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.