Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionNorth/South, East/West focuses on the visual and discursive representation of identity promoted by public and private Italian national television at the turn of the twenty-first century. Michela Ardizzoni examines the role of politics, conglomeration, immigration, and satellite techlogy in framing discourses of gender, ethnic, and regional identities. In a time of social and political change for Italy, characterized by the increased visibility of ethnic mirities and the rise to political power of Silvio Berlusconi, Italy's largest media mogul,North/South, East/West provides an in-depth textual analysis of current programs and their vision of identity.
- Author BiographyMichela Ardizzoni is visiting assistant professor at the University of Louisville in the departments of communication and women's and gender studies.
- Author(s)Michela Ardizzoni
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/10/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.