All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarry S Truman made decisions as president that would have a decisive impact in determining the course of history in Northeast Asia after World War II. These essays examine how Truman acted to resolve challenges facing the United States from 1945 to 1952 in Japan, China, and the two Koreas. The authors, all recognised authorities on post-war U.S. intelligence or foreign relations, present new and provocative explanations for Truman's policies that previous historians have debated for a half-century. Extensive research in government archives, manuscript collections, and Chinese and Soviet source materials present a more complete assessment of the impact of Truman's policies toward China and in the Korean War, Truman's decisions about Japan, and especially the dropping of atomic bombs and post-war occupation. This collection looks at how Truman's decisions in Northeast Asia defined the legacy of his presidency.
- Author BiographyJames I Matray was born and raised for most of his childhood in Evergreen Park, Illinois, a Chicago suburb. His father was a cement mason and his mother a seamstress. He attended public schools, graduating from the community high school in three years. After graduating from Lake Forest College, he enlisted in the Illinois National Guard and, following transfer, he served for ten years as a drill sergeant in the U.S. Army Reserve.
- PublisherTruman State University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationKirksville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTruman State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJames I. Matray
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.