All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionEminent Northrop Frye scholar Robert D. Denham explores the connection between Frye and twelve writers who influenced his thinking but about whom he didn't write anything expansive. Denham draws especially on Frye's tebooks and other previously unpublished texts, w available in the Collected Works of Frye. Such varied thinkers as Aristotle, Lewis Carroll, Soren Kierkegaard, and Paul Tillich emerge as important figures in defining Frye's cross-disciplinary interests. Eventually, the twelve Others of the title come to represent a space occupied by writers whose interests paralleled Frye's and helped to establish his own critical universe.
- Author BiographyRobert D. Denham is John P. Fishwick Professor of English, Emeritus, at Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia. Before that he was Professor of English and Chair of the department at Emory & Henry College, and in the mid-1980s he served as Director of English Programs and Director of the Association of Departments of English for the Modern Language Association in New York City. Denham received his M.A. in religion and art and his Ph.D. in English (with honors) from the University of Chicago. He has devoted much of his professional life to writing about Northrop Frye and editing his work.
- Author(s)Robert Denham
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.