All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionNorthwich Through the Ages offers a unique insight into the illustrious history of this part of the country with a completely new set of past and present images. Reproduced in full colour, this is an exciting examination of Northwich, the famous streets and the famous faces, and what they meant to the people of this town throughout the 19th and into the 20th Century. Looking beyond the exquisite exterior of these well-kept photos, readers can see the historical context in which they are set. Through the author's factual captions for every picture, and carefully-selected choice of images, the reader can also achieve a reliable view of the town's history. Readers are invited to follow a timeline of events and watch the changing face of Northwich, as Paul Hurley guides us through the town's streets. There is something for everyone here, whether they have lived in the area all their lives, or whether they are just visiting this fabulous town. Northwich Through Time also shows how photography has continually evolved to keep up with an ever-changing society.
- Author BiographyPaul Hurley has been a freelance writer since 2002 and has been writing professionally ever since. He has had magazine, local and national newspaper credits and has written several books for Amberley on the local history of Cheshire. Since retiring from the police in 2002 he has amassed a CV that takes in a three part article in the Steam World magazine, one in the Backtrack magazine and many other magazine articles not relating to the railway scene. He lives in Winsford with his wife and his hobbies are writing, travel, motorcycling and classic cars.
- Author(s)Paul Hurley
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough the Ages
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.