All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Tombland to Carrow Road, Frank Meeres takes us on a tour of Norwich through the ages, explaining the history behind the well-kwn landmarks of this fine city. Photographs illustrate shops, schools, garages, churches, houses and street scenes; some that are instantly recognisable, and others that are lost forever. As you follow this trail, you will tice the increase in the number of vehicles on the road; shops that once sold new goods are w estate agents or charity shops; green fields have been transformed into industrial estates, houses or ring roads; however, some beloved features such as the Provisions Market, the Guildhall and St Peter Mancroft have remained unchallenged and unchanged.
- Author BiographyFrank Meeres has worked for many years at the Norfolk Record Office. Norfolk was a hotbed of suffragette activity, and this motivated Frank to explore the history of the movement on a national level. His other books include The Story of Norwich and I Survived the Somme: The Secret Diary of a Tommy, and he co-wrote a book on the history of Yarmouth which was given to every child in the town to celebrate the Millennium. He lives in Norwich.
- Author(s)Frank Meeres
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleHistory Tour
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note120
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.