Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.50+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe contrasting suburbs of West, Upper, and South Norwood grew up during the nineteenth century, on the range of hills once covered by the Great North Wood. West Norwood was intended to be smart and exclusive, but that ambition was achieved instead by Upper Norwood, which enjoyed the highest ground, the freshest air and the best views. South Norwood, which developed after the arrival of the railway in 1839, was more industrial and commercial than its older sisters. All three were at their peak of prosperity late in the nineteenth century. The 200 photographs presented here for the first time, each with a detailed caption, show the district in the early twentieth century,. A selection of contemporary maps helps to set the scene, and the book features a detailed index.
- Author BiographyJohn Coulter has for many years worked at the Lewisham Local History Centre in the role of Local Studies Librarian. He has written a number of books in the Britain in Old Photographs series, including Norwood, Lewisham & Deptford (3 vols) and Forest Hill & Sydenham. He lives in South Norwood.
- Author(s)John Coulter
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight454 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.