All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fifth in the series of Nostalgias volumes by Giovanni Bonello in which he lays before the reader handsome sets of photographs taken by artists, mainly Maltese but also some foreigners as is the case of this volume, who recorded the appearance of the landscapes and seascapes of the Maltese Islands and, to a smaller extent, that of the people who inhabited them in the late 19th century and in the first half of the last century. Handsomely bound and elegantly designed like its predecessors, Nostalgias of Malta - Images by Modia from the 1900s , should serve as a useful work of reference or one of those books through which it is pleasant simply to leaf idly. Early in 1902, four years after the introduction of picture postcards in Malta, local booksellers, stationers and souvenir shops started offering the public a new series of cards produced by an Italian publishing house - G. Modia e Co, Mila. The first kwn Maltese Modia card went through the post on April 2, 1902. Business must have been quite encouraging as in time, various Maltese outlets began marketing these postcards with their own imprint alongside, or instead of, the Modia one. The present Nostalgias volume includes a complete record of every Maltese Modia picture recorded so far.
- Author(s)Giovanni Bonello
- PublisherMidsea Books Ltd,Malta
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Place of PublicationSta Venera
- Country of PublicationMalta
- ImprintMidsea Books Ltd,Malta
- Content Notecol illus throughout
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.