All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Nostalgic Delights, award-winning chocolatier William Curley aims to recreate childhood memories and times gone, taking classic recipes and modernising them with his own, unique creations. Creating top-quality confectionery, cakes and ptisserie is often seen as something only a trained professional can do. However, with ptisserie equipment w easily accessible to all, William hopes to produce a book where the reader can create classics at home and evoke their own stalgic memories. William's ethos centres around using the best ingredients and techniques available, while making his recipes accessible to the home cook. Some recipes are simple to make with minimal ingredients, such as the Hazelnut Rocher and Bakewell tarts. During the 70s and 80s, the convenience food market boomed, and changed the image of many iconic dishes. William recreates theis decadence once again in many of these recipes, such as a Black Forest Gateau or Blackcurrant Cheesecake. The book also touches on the comfort food that most of us grew up with, whether it be a Jammy Dodger, an Arctic Roll, or a Banana Split - William takes these to a whole other level!
- Author BiographyWilliam Curley began his career with an apprenticeship at Gleneagles Hotel, near to his home town in Scotland. He has since worked in several Michelin-starred establishments under some of the world's most respected chefs, including Pierre Koffmann at La Tante Claire, Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons, Marco Pierre White at The Restaurant in Knightsbridge and Marc Meneau at L'Esperance in France. His outstanding skills as a patissier flourished during these years, leading to an appointment as Chef Patissier at the London Savoy where he met fellow patissier and future wife and collaborator, Suzue, whose Japanese heritage influences many of the flavours found in their recipes. William's numerous awards include Pastry Chef of the Year, British Dessert of the Year and together with Suzue they won Gold representing Scotland at the Culinary Olympics in Erfurt and at international events in Basle, Chicago, London and Luxembourg. Additionally, they have won four Best British Chocolatier accolades together with over 25 golds for their chocolates. William's book Couture Chocolate won the best chocolate book at the Gourmand Awards 2012. In 2004 William and Suzue opened their first shop in Richmond upon Thames and recently a second in Belgravia, where, alongside an array of chocolate confections and patisserie they also created London's first Dessert Bar. Downstairs a professional quality kitchen hosts regular master classes and courses for both children and adults.
- Author(s)William Curley
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Weight1361 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographer(s)Kevin Summers
- Foreword byMichel Roux,Alain Roux
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $23.73New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.38Trending at AU $31.29
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $38.78
- AU $29.48Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $44.33Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.