Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a young boy gets a reputation for being naughty at school, he reacts by being the bad lad that everyone expects. Leaving school at fourteen, he becomes a thief and eventually ends up in Hollesley Prison. But Mr Alfie, the stable manager, decides to give the boy a chance, letting him look after the horses. It turns out that his skill with horses saves him from a life of crime: on leaving prison, he manages to get a job working with horses in the army, and eventually achieves his dream of becoming a drum major.
- Author BiographyMichael Morpurgo is one of the UK's best-loved authors and a former Children's Laureate. He has written over 120 books for children including Kensuke's Kingdom and War Horse. His wife, Clare Morpurgo, is the daughter of Allen Lane, founder of Penguin Books. They have three children and seven grandchildren. Michael Foreman is one of the UK's pre-eminent children's illustrators. A Kate Greenaway Medal-shortlisted author he has illustrated many best-selling books for children, including War Boy and War Game. Michael is also the illustrator for many of Michael Morpurgo's best-selling books, including Not Bad for a Bad Lad (Templar Publishing, 2010).
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherTemplar Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTemplar Publishing
- Out-of-print date07/11/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight115 g
- Width8 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine128 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Foreman
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.