All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCeleste thinks she is the happiest dog in the world. But when she tices something different about her human, Rupert, she wonders if things will ever be the same again. Charmingly illustrated, this heart-warming story for children aged 3+ reflects some of the feelings and experiences that a child whose parent or carer has depression may face. When it comes to periods of low mood in a parent or carer, children can often feel that they are to blame, or even that the parent doesn't love them anymore. The story provides reassurance by explaining what depression is and how it is possible to find help. With a comprehensive guide for parents and professionals written by Dr Pooky Knightsmith that provides advice on discussing the topic with children, this is a truly valuable resource that will be of interest to social workers, child and school counsellors, psychologists, parents and foster parents.
- Author BiographyLiza Stevens has an MA in Children's Book Illustration from the Cambridge School of Art, UK. She is a foster carer and has an interest in child development, including mental health and attachment disorders. She lives in East Sussex, UK.
- Author(s)Liza Stevens
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteFull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight318 g
- Width240 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $29.84
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.46
- AU $10.07Trending at AU $18.93
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.89
- AU $13.72Trending at AU $19.92
- AU $12.81Trending at AU $13.74
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $13.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.