All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $30.11Free postage
- AU $30.19Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionBasing much of Not in His Image on the Nag Hammadi and other Gstic writings, John Lamb Lash explains how a little-kwn messianic sect propelled itself into a dominant world power, systematically wiping out the great Gstic spiritual teachers, the Druid priests, and the shamanistic healers of Europe and North Africa. They burned libraries and destroyed temples in an attempt to silence the ancient truth-tellers and keep their own secrets. But as Lash reveals, when the truth is the planet Earth it cant be hidden or destroyed.
Not in His Image delves deeply into the shadows of ancient Gstic writings to reconstruct the story early Christians tried to scrub from the pages of history, exploring the richness of the ancient European Pagan spirituality--the Pagan Mysteries, the Great Goddess, Gsis, the myths of Sophia and Gaia--and chronicles the annihilation of this Pagan European culture at the hands of Christianity.
Long before the birth of Christianity, motheism was an amaly; Europe and the Near East flourished under the divine guidance of Sophia, the ancient goddess of wisdom. The Earth was the embodiment of Sophia and thus sacred to the people who sought fulfillment in her presence. This ancient philosophy was threatening to the emerging salvation-based creed of Christianity that was based on patriarchal dominion over the Earth and lauded personal suffering as a path to the afterlife. As Derrick Jensen points out in the afterword, in Lash's hands Jesus Christ emerges as the agent provocateur of the ruling classes.
- Author BiographyJohn Lash, a comparative mythologist who specializes in stellar lore, has spent 30 years in research and experimentation, using Signs and Constellations. He is the principal author of the Marion Institute's Web site, www.metahistory.org, an inquiry into the contemporary meaning of humanity's myths and beliefs, and is the author of a number of books, including The Seeker's Handbook, Twins and the Double, The Hero: Manhood and Power, and Not in His Image. He lives in Europe.
- Author(s)John Lamb Lash
- PublisherChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.