All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether used for transport, adventure, work, or sport, boats have played a vital role in human history and have inspired numerous stories. The 40 boats featured in Notable Boats will gently float you away with tales of bravery, adventure, and the odd moment of near catastrophe. The book skillfully balances intricate and beautiful visuals, attractively styled statistics, and gripping text. As well as everyday crafts such as the cae and the fishing trawler, there are boats of historic interest, fictional ships, and even celebrities' boats. Each boat will be featured across two spreads, including the aerial view of its deck/interior plan, a color study, and a description of the boat and what it is famous for. The stories cover the globe, with adventurous tales from all the world's waterways. Designed to be dipped in and out of, Notable Boats offers an intimate window into a world of sailing for those whose passion it is-and those whose passion it isn't-alike.
- Author BiographyNic Compton (Brighton, UK) has spent half his life living on boats, and the other half writing about them. Brought up on yachts in the Mediterranean, he worked as a traveling boatbuilder for several years and sailed his own boat from Greece to the UK. He worked on the Arts desk at the Independent newspaper, before becoming Editor of Classic Boat magazine. He has written 15 books, mostly about boats and the sea, including a collection of sea stories entitled Voices From the Sea and the popular miscellany Why Sailors Can't Swim.
- Author(s)Nic Compton
- PublisherThe Ivy Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Ivy Press
- Width225 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.