All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionShe's expecting kits, but the fierce winter threatens to starve MOONLIGHT and her mate. NOTCH EAR can find prey, thing to eat. He labors half a night to remove sw and ice covering a cache of food stored during better times. Panting, chest heaving, he claws at the dirt and screeches in rage when he detects the scent of thieves. He removes the last frozen dirt used to conceal his precious meat. The cache is empty. Coyotes have been here first. With a fresh blizzard howling, Notch Ear journeys toward humans' dens where he can scavenge from their refuse--if only he can cross the car-way safely. He watches and listens through blasting sw for an opening between speeding monsters, then bounds forward. He can't hear the car coming, and he and the human driver see each other too late. The human stops the wheels from rolling, but they slide along the icy path anyway. Notch Ear churns his paws even faster, but also slides out of control. The car sends him spinning through the air even as Moonlight begins delivering five kits. Will he survive to help raise his kits? Can they survive without him? In the tradition of Jack London's Call of the Wild, Notch Ear's Sacrifice presents the struggle for survival the way foxes experience life. A must read!
- Author BiographyThe author lives with his wife and dog in the foothills of Evergreen, Colorado where he has the opportunity to observe, photograph and write about foxes, elk, bobcats and a host of wildlife. He also teaches fourth, fifth and sixth graders at a public Montessori school. Mr. Lederman holds a Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction and a Bachelor's degree in Journalism from the University of Missouri. During vacations from teaching, he has been working on a sequel to Notch Ear's Sacrifice.
- Author(s)Todd Lederman
- Date of Publication23/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Todd Lederman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.