Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTennessee Williams's Notebooks, here published for the first time, presents by turns a passionate, whimsical, movingly lyrical, self-reflective, and completely uninhibited record of the life of this monumental American genius from 1936 to 1981, the year of his death. In these pages Williams (1911-1981) wrote out his most private thoughts as well as sketches of plays, poems, and accounts of his social, professional, and sexual encounters. The tebooks are the repository of Williams's fears, obsessions, passions, and contradictions, and they form possibly the most spontaneous self-portrait by any writer in American history. Meticulously edited and antated by Margaret Thornton, the tebooks follow Williams' growth as a writer from his undergraduate days to the publication and production of his most famous plays, from his drug addiction and drunkenness to the heights of his literary accomplishments. At one point, Williams writes, I feel dull and disinterested in the literary line. Dr. Heller bores me with all his erudite discussion of literature. Writing is just writing! Why all the fuss about it? This remarkable record of the life of Tennessee Williams is about writing--how his writing came up like a pure, underground stream through the often unhappy chaos of his life to become a memorable and permanent contribution to world literature.
- Author BiographyMargaret Bradham Thornton is a writer and independent scholar based in Bedminster, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Tennessee Williams
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication19/01/2007
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Out-of-print date05/09/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight1510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Edited byMargaret Bradham Thornton
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.