All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionA COMBINATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL VICTORIES AND HANDS-ON, PARTICIPATORY SUGGESTIONS Edited by the co-authors of the torious 'zine The Guerrilla Graywater Girls Guide to Water, this collection of original essays, drawings and photographs is part radical history of water and part DIY guide to disengaging one's home, school or workplace from the wasteful water grid. The pieces are arranged in three sections: Water Wars focuses on the history and politics of dams and water infrastructure; The Water Grid chronicles the rise of energy-intensive, polluting sewage treatment plants, and points out alternative systems; and Watershed examines the often destructive relationship between human settlements and nature, but finds hope in the experiences of those involved in watershed restoration.
- Author BiographyCleo Woelfe-Erskine is a writer, teacher and agitator. His water conservation projects have also been widely featured in numerous publications. He lives in Oakland, California. Laura Allen is a gardener, activist and teacher. She also lives in Oakland, California.
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSoft Skull Press
- Content Note50
- Weight439 g
- Width178 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byCleo Woelfe-Erskine,Laura Allen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.