All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDarkly fascinating short vel depicts the struggles of a doubting, supremely alienated protagonist in a world of relative values. Seminal work introduced moral, religious, political and social themes that dominated Dostoyevsky's later masterworks. Constance Garnett's authoritative translation is reprinted here, with a new introduction.
- Author BiographyWith his sympathetic portrayals of the downtrodden of 19th-century Russian society, Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1821-1881) exercised immense influence on modern writers. His novels featured profound philosophical and psychological insights that anticipated the development of psychoanalysis and existentialism.
- Author(s)Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication20/07/1992
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleDover Thrift Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight77 g
- Width6 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- dave.497025 Aug, 2016by
Notes from the Underground review
A rambling not very coherent boring 91 page non story. Very hard to keep reading and turning pages. Only for the Dostoyevsky enthusiast really.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.