All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionLouise and her husband used to laugh about the way he couldn't pass a mirror without looking at himself, but when he deserts Louise for a famous model she is devastated and forced to confront his and her vanities. Meanwhile, life goes on, making Louise feel guilty about the melodrama her life has become. With her privileged circumstances as the daughter of one of Europe's most famous writers only complicating things further, she unleashes her ruthless sense of honesty and tries to unravel why her marriage failed and whether a sane person should attempt such a thing again.
- Author BiographyJustine Levy's first novel, The Rendezvous, published when she was nineteen, was praised by critics in New York and Paris, where she was hailed as the next Francoise Sagan. Levy is an editor at Editions Stock, one of France's leading publishing houses, and she is the daughter of the philosopher Bernard-Herni Levy. She lives in Paris. Charlotte Mandell is the recipient of the Modern Language Association Prize, and has translated Maurice Blanchot, Jean Genet, Gustave Flaubert, and Guy de Maupassant.
- Author(s)Charlotte Mandell,Justine Levy
- PublisherMelville House Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMelville House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.