Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most popular guy at his high school, 17-year-old Parker Rabiwitz is wealthy, smart, and drop-dead handsome. He's a sure thing for HYP (Harvard, Yale, or Princeton) according to his college consultant, whom Parker has worked with since he was 14. Parker's got just one problem: he's bulimic. Nothing is presented in two distinct first-person voices - those of Parker and his 14-year-old sister, Danielle. Parker tells his side of the story in present-tense narrative, which becomes progressively more stripped down as he's consumed by the disorder.Danielle tells her side of the story in free verse. Danielle, who is barely even ackwledged by their achievement-obsessed parents, is kwn in school as 'Parker's sister'. Despite all this, Danielle loves her brother. And she's the only one who seems to tice what's happening behind Parker's perfect-seeming exterior, as he disappears into a world of deception and desperation. Complex and realistic, this vel's ultimate message is one of hope.
- Author BiographyRobin Friedman (New Jersey) was born in Israel and came to the United States when she was five, living first in New York City adn then in New Jersey. As a child, she wrote tons of stories about talking squirrels and girls with pigtails and sold them to her guitar teacher for 50 cents. Friedman has since written three novels for young people.
- Author(s)Robin Friedman
- PublisherNorth Star Editions
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width128 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.