All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKate Patton leaves her job as food editor with a New Orleans newspaper the day her husband threatens her life while netting crabs on Lake Pontchartrain. She flees to Roselea plantation in central Louisiana, a residence for artists and writers as long as they are productive. Kate intends to write about meat pies, a specialty of the area. At dinner, the writer Paul is poisoned. Amelia, a descendant of the People of Color, serves the meal and quickly points a finger at the owner's retarded son, and several other boarders. She feels that white people cheated her family out of the plantation that her ancestor Congo Liz built. When a plantation worker becomes a second victim of poisoning, the police arrest a painter discovered to have a syringe containing traces of cyanide. Kate witnesses Amelia and her brother performing voodoo ceremonies in the backyard and uncovers the history tan-skinned descendants of Congo Liz and the French Commandant who freed her from slavery.
- Author BiographyDiane Moore is a journalist, fiction writer, and poet, and a native of eastern Louisiana. She splits her residence between New Iberia, Louisiana and Sewanee, Tennessee, where she lives in a cottage on the campus of the University of the South. Her most recent of sixteen works include a novel and two books of poetry focusing on two years she lived in Iran during the reign of the Shahanshah. She is the former archdeacon of the Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana, director of Solomon House, an outreach center mission in New Iberia, and deacon of the Episcopal Church of the Epiphany, New Iberia. She has two daughters and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)Diane Moore
- PublisherBorder Press
- Date of Publication14/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBorder Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.