All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the latest installment in her award-winning series, Marie-Claire Blais invites readers into the lives of three unforgettable characters and shows once again how creativity, hope, suffering, and exclusion intersect. There is the writer who is stranded in an airport on South Island, held captive because of a delayed flight. And a teenage musician, a former child prodigy living on the streets with his dog, wondering where he will get his next meal. Then there is Petites Cendres, who longer dances or sings and refuses to get out of bed to attend the coronation of the new Queen of Night. By superimposing these three worlds, Blais continues her ambitious, compelling exploration of life in contemporary North America.
- Author BiographyMarie-Claire Blais is the internationally revered author of more than 25 books, many of which have been published around the world. She divides her time between Montreal and Florida. Nigel Spencer lives in Montreal.
- Author(s)Marie-Claire Blais
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byNigel Spencer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.