All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionAs fine as it is frightening. (John Banville). Strange, beautiful and quietly terrifying. (Donal Ryan, author of The Spinning Heart). An original story, brilliantly told. (Irish Times). This one will stay with you like your shadow. (Guardian). Like many great works, it could so easily have all gone wrong if it hadn't been done exactly right. (Sunday Independent). It was a time when body called. Early evening, the hottest August in living memory. A frightened girl bangs on a door. A man answers. From the moment he invites her in, his world will never be the same again. She tells him about her family, and their strange life in the show home of an abandoned housing estate. The long, blistering days spent sunbathing; the airless nights filled with inexplicable ises; the words that appear on the windows, written in dust. Where is her family w? Is she telling the truth? Can the man be trusted? Beautiful and disturbing, her story - retold in his words - reaches towards those frayed edges of reality where each of us, if only once, glimpses something body will ever explain.
- Author BiographyConor O'Callaghan is originally from Dundalk, and now divides his time between Dublin and the North of England. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)Conor O'Callaghan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ireland Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintDoubleday Ireland
- Weight192 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.