All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.58Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionA spiky, feisty, hilarious collection of stories that expose women's clumsy, often doomed, attempts to negotiate a smooth path through life. Abandoned wives remain as lingering presences in the homes of their ex-husband's new girlfriends; beautiful young models find their misdemeaurs exposed for all the world to see in the tabloids; middle-aged women get swept off their feet and into the criminal underworld by charismatic con-men; young trophy wives get thrown in jail after over-exuberant cavorting on their private yachts; mothers beg their thirty something career-minded daughters to freeze their eggs in the hope that they may one day bear their grandchildren. Bold, glamorous, sexy, unrepentant, Fay Weldon's heroines offer a quite unique view of the world as they face their trials without fear or trepidation. Both her legions of existing fans and new readers will be enthralled.
- Author BiographyFay Weldon is a novelist, screenwriter and cultural journalist. Her novels include 'The Life and Loves of a She-Devil', 'Puffball', 'Big Women' and 'Rhode Island Blues'. She has also published her autobiography 'Auto da Fay'. Her most recent novel was the critically acclaimed 'She May Not Leave'. She lives in Dorset.
- Author(s)Fay Weldon
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2003
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight174 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.