All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince time immemorial, royal marriages have had little to do with love - but almost everything to do with diplomacy and dynasty. Clashing personalities have joined in unholy matrimony to form such infamous couples as Russia's Peter II and Catherine the Great and France's Henry II and Catherine de Medici - all with the purpose of begetting a male heir. But with tensions high and silverware flying, kings like England's Henry II fled to the beds of nubile mistresses while Queens such as Elear of Aquitaine plotted their revenge.
- Author BiographyLeslie Carroll is the author of several works of historical nonfiction, women s fiction, and, under the pen names Juliet Grey and Amanda Elyot, is a multipublished author of historical fiction. Her works include Royal Romances, Royal Pains, Royal Affairs, and Notorious Royal Marriages. She is also a classically trained professional actress with numerous portrayals of virgins, vixens, and villainesses to her credit, and is an award-winning audio book narrator. A frequent commentator on royal romances and relationships, Leslie has been interviewed by numerous broadcast, online, and print media, including MSNBC.com, USA Today, the Australian Broadcasting Company, NPR, Hearst Television, Inc., and she was a featured royalty historian on CBS nightly news in London during the royal wedding coverage of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. She also appears as an expert on the love lives of Queen Victoria, Marie Antoinette, Catherine the Great, and Napoleon on the Proper Television series The Secret Life of [fill in the name of famous figure] for Canada s History Channel. Leslie and her husband, Scott, divide their time between New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Leslie Carroll
- PublisherNew American Library
- Date of Publication18/03/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Weight437 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.