All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe legal crusade of Myra Clark Gaines (1804?-1885) has all the trappings of classic melodrama - a lost heir, a missing will, an illicit relationship, a questionable marriage, a bigamous husband, and a murder. For a half-century the daughter of New Orleans millionaire Daniel Clark struggled to justify her claim to his ermous fortune in a case that captivated the nineteenth-century public. Elizabeth Urban Alexander taps volumius court records and letters in her gripping account of the longest continuous litigation in U.S. history, a case considered seventeen times by the Supreme Court.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Urban Alexander is visiting assistant professor of history and interdisciplinary studies at Texas Wesleyan University.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Urban Alexander
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleSouthern Biography S.
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Note8 illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.