All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe city of Nottingham has seen significant changes in its buildings and streets over the centuries - some improving, and others less so. From the first ever Boots chemist shop to the tram systems of two different centuries and the civic award-winning Short Stairs, the past continues to influence the present, and local historian Douglas Whitworth's selection of ninety-one images, archive and modern, show just what has changed and what has stayed the same. Nottingham Then & Now is a fascinating look at Nottingham over the decades and will appeal to all those who are interested in the city, past and present.
- Author BiographyDouglas Whitworth has been a photographer since the end of World War II, and since then has photographed Nottingham, London, and Paris, and has been compiling books of photographs for the last 20 years. Douglas s other books include A Century of Nottingham and Nottingham in the 1960s & 70s.
- Author(s)Douglas Whitworth
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note90 colour illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.